Over the past decades, the pace of digitalization in education has accelerated with a wide range of educational technologies now used for teaching, learning and educational administration. Critical Applied Research of Digitalization in Education (CADRE) promotes a deeper understanding of digitalization in education through critical applied research from an international perspective. This presentation will examine what this means in practice and how the group enacts its manifesto to:
- Actively engage people, networks, projects, research and public discussions to democratize digitalization.
- Apply and develop critical research methodologies.
- Create design principles for democratic and emancipatory R&D.
- Evoke dialogue through communication with a wider public.
- Promote new and open research and development publishing.
This talk is an invitation to engage in this dialogue and join us to fully explore the implications of digitalization in an educational context.